You can use this calculator to see how hypothetical investment can grow over the time. For example check out what will happen after 300 months (that’s 25 years) if you invest $250 per month in stocks with average return of just 1% per month. You may be surprised by the result. Feel free also to play with the compounding percentage. The higher the percentage is, the higher your balance will grow but less profits will go directly in your pocket during the time. It all depends on your goal – whether you want to save for retirement or live off from a large initial investment.
If you run a personal finance or related blog, you may want to download investment calculator WP plugin for your blog.
This investment calculator is for demonstrative purpose only. You should not rely that any investment will bring a fixed return over a long period of time! Use the results to plan your portfolio but don’t get obsessed by the idea to hunt for very high ROI. The compounding feature in the calculator illustrates in a great way how compounded interests adds with the time, but you should never forget the risks that any kind of investing carries.
NEW: Use the Investment Calculator as extension in Firefox and Google Crome! Click here for Firefox and for Chrome to learn more.
Webmasters: You can now get this calculator for free for your site. Click here for download link and usage instructions
PHP Code for Webmasters
To include this calculator on your standalone website, download it here. Then include the following code snippet in a page that supports PHP:
Use as Google Chrome Extension
To install this calculator as Google Chrome extension just go to the Chrome store and click the install button. It’s free.
Available now on Firefox!
The compounding calculator is now available as Firefox extension so you can easy access it at any time. Here is how to install the extension:
- You need Firefox 2.0 or newer version for the extension to work. If needed, download Firefox and then come back here using it as your browser.
- Click Here to install the Investment Calculator extension.
- If the Software Installation window is visible click Install Now.
- If not, see the yellow bar at the top of your browser. Click Edit Options, Allow and OK.
- You should be able to see the Software Installation window. If needed Click Here again and then install the extension
- Restart Firefox. You will find a new link called Investment Calculator in your Tools menu.